Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I admit it!! While holding my nose, I smelled a llama, while sleeping upside down on my head in a Tu-tu, In Thonotosassa, in a cashew processing hearse, with belly-button lint!!


Improv- Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood Show!!

I admit it!! While holding my nose, I smelled a llama, while sleeping upside down on my head in a Tu-tu, In Thonotosassa, in a cashew processing hearse, with belly-button lint!!

Just had the most amazing time seeing Coling Mochrie and Brad Sherwood! We had great seats!

5th row from the stage! On the aisle!!

Well, it started off like their normal show (I'm comparing to the one I saw at the Van Wezel, and the one on the DVD) where they asked if people think that they make stuff up as they go along or things are scripted. For some reason the section I was in made more noise when they said it was scripted, and Brad flipped his hand under his chin (whatever that movement is called) at our side of the stage.

Then they did an improv that I don't really remember (EDIT: I remember what they did now. They did Moving People, with two people they picked out of the audience. It was hilarious!) cause the next improv they did was one they asked for volunteers. They asked for volunteers of people that thought they were quick on their feet. So my mom poked me to raise my hand and I did and I got called up there with them!!!
So, I go on stage and Brad shakes my hand and asks for my name. Then, one of the girls that gets called starts flapping her arms and screaming “Colin! Colin! Colin!” and completely bypasses Brad and goes and hugs Colin.

I got jealous.

Anyway, so they tell us to line up behind this microphone and the guy next to me doesn't walk over to the microphone, so I walked behind him and line up in front of the microphone first. :-)

They told us to get really close to the mic so people could hear us, so I did. :-)
Then, they introduce the game. We were to fill in the line or word for the sentence when they raised their hand and asked for it. So to test it Brad started out by saying something to the effect of “I went to the store and bought a ...” (He raised his hand) and I said “Top Hat” They said not to think of something ahead of time, but instead come up with it when they asked for it.

So, then they asked for a suggestion of something a town would be known for. The World's Largest _____. And someone said Dry-Cleaners.

Now the problem with being on stage with Brad and Colin, is that they get inner-ear thingies so they can hear stuff. The volunteers onstage didn't get those, so it was pretty hard to hear over the laughter. We had to listen out into the audience over the laughter in order to figure out what was going on.

The first fill in the blank was something to the effect of, “Oh, no, they didn't build the giant dry-cleaners out of steel girders, they built it out of _____. And I said pudding!”

I couldn't hear very well, and they kept switching characters so it was hard to pay attention.

The next person said, “bacon,” for a fill-in, and someone said “breast milk,” and the person after that person, said “more breast milk.”

I remember they had to go back to the dry cleaners for ____ and I said Leprechaun festival! Then, they did an imitation of a leprechaun festival!

At one point in time, when they raised their hand, I was thinking of a filling it in with “Carnival Cruise” But I couldn't think of the word “Carnival” all I could think of was “Golden Corral” so it ended up being “Golden Corral Cruise” which Colin said didn't make sense, and it didn't but I was fine with that, because I could only half hear them to start with!

When the game was done, I decided that I wanted a hug too! So, I shook their hands and did the “hand shake” -hug thing!! I was the last one off the stage, but I got my hugs!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment